We do for others because we don't know how to do for ourselves. We do for others because we feel it is the only way to make up for the damage we feel our craziness is doing to society. We do for others because it makes us feel good when nothing else in the whole world does, not even pills. We stay quiet and sit in the corner because others seem so much more needy. We require so little, you and I. A fact which does not sit well with others who would label us as too much to handle. When in truth, all those such as us really need is a bit of understanding, a bit of reciprocation, maybe a touch on the cheek once in a while and a sly wink. The rest of the world is needy. I'd rather be crazy. ~~Aimee

Sunday 4 September 2011

Naughtilicious



I was very naughty today. I cut about two inches of dead ends off of my hair. I know. I live on the edge. Jigger doesn't want me to cut my hair so I don't. While he wouldn't say anything if I did, I know it would hurt his feelings so I don't. Even though I hate my hair the way it is. I still don't cut it. But I have split and dead and funkdafied ends which are driving me crazy so every few months I cut about two inches off hoping he won't notice that my hair seems to be in the same spot for the last year instead of growing. 

I've always been a freak with my hair. There is not a color of the rainbow it has not been at one time or another. I've even invented a few colors for it to be. I shaved the side of my head long before Mel C or B or nutmeg whatever spice she was did it. I've had braids. Been albino white blond and elvira black dark. 



My obsession with having outrageous hair began with not being allowed to cut it or do anything with it til I was almost 9. I've always had very bad migraines and at 8 my hair was Crystal Gailish. My doc told my mum to cut my hair that it would help with the headaches. My mum did NOT want to do it but finally agreed that I could cut it up to about the middle of my back but NO SHORTER!

However mum couldn't watch the actual cutting process and was rather emotional while telling the stylist how short so after mum left the room the stylist asks lil ol' innocent angel me how short and I say just below the ears. Needless to say I got my ass whipped with a switch when I got home but it was worth it. I smiled the whole time which only made her hit me more but I didn't care. I won. From that forward I was determined to be as outrageous as I could be. 



I know I'm such a rebel.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...