We do for others because we don't know how to do for ourselves. We do for others because we feel it is the only way to make up for the damage we feel our craziness is doing to society. We do for others because it makes us feel good when nothing else in the whole world does, not even pills. We stay quiet and sit in the corner because others seem so much more needy. We require so little, you and I. A fact which does not sit well with others who would label us as too much to handle. When in truth, all those such as us really need is a bit of understanding, a bit of reciprocation, maybe a touch on the cheek once in a while and a sly wink. The rest of the world is needy. I'd rather be crazy. ~~Aimee

Thursday 29 December 2011

Blind Leading the Deaf

here the words flow droplets upon the page one after another emptying the rage
there they disappear lost amidst the sound unable to unravel they begin to drown


No matter how hard I try to explain my thoughts, they usually go misunderstood. It's hard for people to understand that what lies in my heart is not what lies in my head or that the words that exit my mouth do not necessarily portray the entirety of what I wish to say. It's hard sometimes. Being lost. I've been trying to share more with Jigger. To trust in him the darkness, but I realize I can't. He doesn't understand. How can I expect him to understand something he's never seen, felt, or heard? Something he's not quite sure exists in the first place. How do I make him understand I'm a combination of body parts that don't quite fit together and don't always agree with one another? How do you make a blind man see? You don't and it's time I accept that and give him  a walking stick instead.

1 comment:

Gray said...

The hardest thing I have ever had to hear is "To me, it feels like you have to take these pills just to be able to live with me."

Sometimes it is difficult for us to see that this part of us that we dwell on so much, that we identify with, that has colored our lives since our earliest memories, isn't just something other people do or don't understand. It's also something that dramatically affects their lives in much the same way it affects ours. We can't force them to see life through our eyes, because they have their own eyes. The only thing we can do is create in ourselves a person who is deserving of love. Because with love comes understanding.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...