We do for others because we don't know how to do for ourselves. We do for others because we feel it is the only way to make up for the damage we feel our craziness is doing to society. We do for others because it makes us feel good when nothing else in the whole world does, not even pills. We stay quiet and sit in the corner because others seem so much more needy. We require so little, you and I. A fact which does not sit well with others who would label us as too much to handle. When in truth, all those such as us really need is a bit of understanding, a bit of reciprocation, maybe a touch on the cheek once in a while and a sly wink. The rest of the world is needy. I'd rather be crazy. ~~Aimee

Monday 12 December 2011

True Ghost Whisperer


I have this friend. She chases ghosts. Not Casper type ghosts, but the ghosts that haunt people's souls. The ones that cause you to drink or run or be scared or crazy or lost. Those ghosts. Ghosts that you might not even know are there, but frighten you and cause you to shed tears and you don't know why. She chased my ghosts away. And I didn't even see her do it. She works her magic in such a way that you don't even know you're being hypnotized by her spells. 

Until one day you stick your hand inside your gut and realize the hole that was there isn't as big as before. Isn't as empty and the whispers of your ghosts aren't quite as loud or scary. She replaces their whispers with her laughter, her love. She's infectious, contagious. You can't know her and NOT love her. You can't hear her words and not become mesmerized by the way they bend and twist and twirl to her commands. You can't be near her and NOT be healed. If you walk away from her, then you never truly heard her. Never truly saw her. Never truly let her wrap her words around you and tease your ghosts away. 

But I did and now I'm watching her do the same to someone else and it's amazing. When she was working her magic on me, there were so many little things I didn't notice. A twinkle, a sparkle that I couldn't see from my darkness, but now I can see her. See her purpose. See her drive. She's a fixer of broken souls and a ghost chaser. 

She chased my ghosts away.

1 comment:

not displayed said...

How special to have her in your life

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...