We do for others because we don't know how to do for ourselves. We do for others because we feel it is the only way to make up for the damage we feel our craziness is doing to society. We do for others because it makes us feel good when nothing else in the whole world does, not even pills. We stay quiet and sit in the corner because others seem so much more needy. We require so little, you and I. A fact which does not sit well with others who would label us as too much to handle. When in truth, all those such as us really need is a bit of understanding, a bit of reciprocation, maybe a touch on the cheek once in a while and a sly wink. The rest of the world is needy. I'd rather be crazy. ~~Aimee

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Virtual Reality



These days I exist through another. The legs that walk and carry me from place to place are not my own. The fingers through which sand falls belong on a hand I cannot feel except in the darkness when I am alone. Through his eyes I see a brightness that I did not know existed. Through his lungs I breathe in the hot humid air. I pull it deep into my being not wanting to let it go. I refuse to exhale until my lungs revolt against me. I want to keep that air inside of me for as long as possible. Even though it is tainted with oppression, it is still the sweetest air I have ever tasted. 

Even though its banks are miles away, I can feel the cool water as it surrounds him. As he dives deeper within, I feel its wetness creep through me. I can hear its waves beating upon the shore. I can taste its saltiness upon my lips. I allow it to completely envelop me. I disappear within its waves. As they toss me here and there I finally understand what it means to be "calm". 

A distant sound forces me back to reality. Back to the paint chipped walls and dirt covered cement floor. Even though my body is contained within these four walls, my heart beats in another.




2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...