We do for others because we don't know how to do for ourselves. We do for others because we feel it is the only way to make up for the damage we feel our craziness is doing to society. We do for others because it makes us feel good when nothing else in the whole world does, not even pills. We stay quiet and sit in the corner because others seem so much more needy. We require so little, you and I. A fact which does not sit well with others who would label us as too much to handle. When in truth, all those such as us really need is a bit of understanding, a bit of reciprocation, maybe a touch on the cheek once in a while and a sly wink. The rest of the world is needy. I'd rather be crazy. ~~Aimee

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Starved of Affection





Your poison soothes
My hungry soul
Quenches my thirst
Makes me whole
So deprived
Of life’s sweet kiss
I turn to you
In enchanted bliss
To fill me with
My deepest desires
To ease my pain
Ignite my fire
Even though
It is death
You bring
I long for death
Like the tree s in spring
I yearn for you
Your poisoned touch
Unknowing love
Truth and such
I wonder how
I could not see
The truth of you
In front of me
My hungry eyes  see
A gentle kiss
Not knowing what lies
Beyond death’s
Eternal bliss



My attempt at 100 words from Velvet Verbosity. This week's prompt was: STARVED. When I was younger I use to write in this style all of the time. I had boxes and boxes of notebooks with page after page of poetry written. It was my way of telling the world what was happening inside of my head, but no one could ever figure out the message. Yet somehow it made perfect sense to me. I haven't written like this in a long time so I thought this challenge was the perfect way to start again. 

9 comments:

MRS PRN said...

I love writing poety and love how the words flow in this one of yours.

I've got a poem with a similar rhythm and pace that I'll post.

Kristy said...

Very well written. Liked the style also.

Carrie said...

beautiful poem. Has a real "vampirish" feel to it .

Haven said...

Oh wow that's really great. As I'm reading that I have such a clear image in my mind of just exactly how that feels. Amazing =)

The Little Penmark Girl said...

Ooooh....so dark and brooooding....dahhhling!

Tara R. said...

I like the rhythm of this poem, a emotion fueled stream of consciousness.

PurpleMoose said...

great poetic take on the word challenge. :)

VV said...

The song, "Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places" popped into my head. Not exactly the same flavor, but that theme of seeking love from a painful source.

Maasiyat said...

I am not sure which is worse. Being compared to a country song or that I actually know the words to that song. Freaky.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...